I found a large Halibut fillet in the fridge from Costco, and a garden ripe with harvest vegetables so I decided last night was the perfect time for this!
The tomatoes are so sweet this time of year they just turn to candy when you roast them, and the green beans so fresh and delicious. All blended with a lemon, garlic, olive oil sauce that creates a succulent dish and adds a lot of nice moisture and texture when eaten together. Perfect for a warm late Summer evening, and super easy!
FOR THE SAUCE:
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly minced garlic
- 2 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning, or any seasoning salt you like
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
FOR THE FISH
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red onion sliced into half moons
- about 1 1/2 pounds Halibut fillet (I use Halibut, but Salmon would work nicely too)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients together. Add the green beans, tomatoes, and onions and toss to coat with the sauce (you can do this in batches if the bowl is too small).
- With a large slotted spoon or spatula, transfer the vegetables to a large baking sheet. Keep the vegetables to one side or one half of the baking sheet and make sure they are spread out in one layer.
- Now, add the halibut fillet to the remaining sauce, toss to coat. Transfer the halibut fillet to the baking sheet next to the vegetables and pour any remaining sauce on top.
- Lightly sprinkle the halibut and vegetables with a little seasoned salt.
- Bake in the 450 degrees F heated oven for 15 minutes. Then transfer the baking sheet to the top oven rack and broil for another 3-5 minutes, watching carefully. The cherry tomatoes should begin to pop under the broiler.
- When ready, remove the baked halibut and vegetables from the oven. Serve immediately. And If you’re looking to add a side, we recommend rice.
Enjoy!!And while you're here, check out all our latest sustainably sourced home decor goodies from Delectable Garden !