- Kale is high in iron. ...
- Kale is high in Vitamin K. ...
- Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants. ...
- Kale is a great anti-inflammatory food. ...
- Kale is great for cardiovascular support. ...
- Kale is high in Vitamin A
4-5 Fresh Pineapple Chunks-
- Immune system support. ...
- Bone strength. ...
- Eye health.
- “Pineapples can help reduce the risk of macular degeneration, a disease that affects the eyes as people age, due in part to its high amount of vitamin C and the antioxidants it contains,” Flores said.
- Digestion. ...
- Anti-Inflammatory benefits.(this is my favorite. Pineapple has Bromelain, which is responsible for most of its healthy benefits)!
Handful of Frozen Organic Blueberries-
As most of us are aware, Blueberries are one of the "super foods" which means it is one of the highest antioxidant foods in the world, containing
- Resveratrol--super antioxidant
- Vitamins K,C and Manganese
- Contains lots of fiber and has a low GI (helps maintain blood glucose levels) which I love because I have type 2 diabetes
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Helps ward off heart disease and cancer
Handful of Strawberries-- (it is very important that you only eat organic strawberries)
- Help regulate blood pressure
- Boost Immunity
- High in Vitamin C
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Helps reduce inflamation
Greek or Regular Yogurt or Yogurt substitute--
- Supplies probiotics
- Calcium, protein, Vitamin B12, B2, Potassium and Magnesium
- High in Monounsaturated Fatty Acids or "Healthy Fats" which help the heart.
- Lowers bad Cholesterol and Triglyceride levels
- High in Fiber
- Loaded with antioxidants
- May also help symptoms of arthritis
Small handful of flaxseed-
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids, "good" fats that have been shown to have heart healthy effect.
- Lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidants.. Flaxseed contains 75 to 800 times more lignans than other plant foods.
- Fiber. Flaxseed contains both the soluble and insoluble types.
Small handful of Hemp Seeds (or other healthy nuts)--
- Excellent 3:1 balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which promote cardiovascular health.
- High in gamma linolenic acid (GLA), an essential omega-6 fatty acid found in borage oil and egg yolks that has been proven to naturally balance hormones.
- “Perfect protein” not only containing all 20 amino acids, but also each of the 9 essential amino acids that our bodies cannot produce.
- Rich in soluble and un-soluble fiber which naturally cleanses the colon and reduces sugar cravings.
Low Carb Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
I add a few drops of Stevia for a little extra sweetness as well, or you can add a little honey. Either way, it's up to you!