And because I've had some requests for this delicious recipe again, here' the encore!
1 9" pie crust frozen, partially thawed. (I buy mine because I love Spelt crusts. They're better for you and only about $5 for two!)
- 4 large green apples, cored and sliced fairly thin
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Fit pie crust into pie plate.
- In a large bowl, mix sliced apples, blackberries, lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pile into crust.
- Prepare topping:.
- In a medium bowl, with a pastry blender or a fork, mix flour, both sugars, and butter until coarsely crumbled.
- Sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Bake at 375°F for 50 minutes.